Tuesday, August 31, 2010

jogging is over-rated!


last week i went on a jog, with gabe and BOB(bob is our jogging stroller)
i was about a mile into the walk/jog with more walking then jogging on this particular day,
and the tears started flowing, and i mean freely people.
i was full on running and crying.
let me tell you why...
running is so much harder then it was 9 months ago,
my hips ache, my knees ache my pelvic bones ache.
i know i had a baby 8 short weeks ago,
but i had 30 years of running before that.
it felt like surly i would never be able to run again
like i used to.
but alas today i went on a 3 mile
walk/jog
and although again there was probably more walking then jogging.
there was no tears.
*
so to all of you mama's out there who get back in shape
after your babies, i salute you.
i hate you. but i salute you.

9 comments:

Sherri said...

I liked jogging until I had to do it with a stroller. It just isn't the same and so much harder (even w/ BOB)!

I salute you, you are out there trying!!!

Kristi said...

Yes, running with a stroller sucks. I bet without Bob it would be easier, although finding the time to run without baby is a challenge. You will get there.

Tiffany said...

Give yourself more time...that's coming from experience. And stop showing me up...jk. I'm proud of you and keep it up. We'll make it back to the gym together someday.

Chey said...

You made me laugh for the day. I promise it gets easier. Although I am not a runner. The working out does get easier.

The Parks Fam said...

I feel the same way Lisa! The last race I ran I cried the whole last mile to the finish line! I keep asking myself why the heck i do it! Its so much easier to just be fat! ;) On that note, There are a few 10ks and 5ks Im running the next month. You should come join me! ;)

Megs said...

Is that why you love me and not hate me???? hahaha.

emily+brett said...

all i have to say is IT'S BEEN 8 WEEKS! come on. give your self a break. it will come back i promise. hey, i was never EVER a runner before and i ran a freakin half. about died but did it. back to the point. you will be running in no time. just have faith that your body will recover and you will return {for the most part} to how you were before:)

Josie said...

You are funny, girl! That will be me in a few weeks! I know it is going to be depressing :(

Ryan and Amber said...

Today I went to aerobics and I peed in my panties a little. So there - you either bawl or you pee.... take your pick! :)