Friday, May 28, 2010

juan......

For those of you who don't know, my mom and paps took in a boy named Juan last year because he was homeless and the opportunity arose and they stepped up! i wish i could say i would do the same, but its hard to let someone you don't know into your life so fully. I'm glad they did, he really has become part of the family.. anyway, the tribune wrote and article about him, so if you're interested. Here is his story...
http://www.sltrib.com/davis/ci_15142809

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a great story! That's really amazing that your family had the courage to be the constant he needed. Juan sounds like a really great, strong guy. Maybe a "Blind Side" type movie is in your families future???

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

What an incredible story...He is an incredible young boy with a huge heart and big dreams. I love that your family was willing to step up and take him in and really make a difference in his life! Thanks for sharing!

Tif said...

Thanks for sharing. He and your parents have made a difference through their examples. I wish him all the best!

Hope said...

I feel incredibly uplifted after reading that. Now we know why YOU are so awesome, Lisa, because you come from people like THAT! :)