Wednesday, April 14, 2010

random thoughts....


i don't know if this is what the "pregnancy world" considers "nesting" but i know my "to do" list keeps getting longer and longer! and the 10 weeks i have left till this baby comes seems like not near enough time to do it all. :( after talking with my other prego friend amber i realized that blinds and baseboards should be on the list. FETCH!!! so much to do, so little time, and all with such a big belly. Wish me luck! Or even better come on over and bring your cleaning supplies. ;)


and just a bit randomness......
i bought this house plant the week before arron and i got married, that was in july 2001. so if you're doing the math, that was almost 9 years ago. my goal was to keep it alive and thriving, proving that if i could keep this house plant alive i could hopefully move on to keeping a child alive. well, by the looks of things my kid might not have a very good 10th birthday. :(

6 comments:

Kristi said...

You have kept a plant alive for 9 years?! I don't know if I have kept a plant alive for 9 months. Luckily kids have a higher survivor rate.

The Robinson's said...

Funny thing- I just wrote a "to do" list for S and I just the other day!! I debated whether or not I should put "blinds and baseboards" on mine or Sean's! It ended up on mine :( I kind of wish I had a 10 week deadline like you (not the prego part though) because then it might actually get done! I remember that plant! I think it is alright if you focus on growing the baby rather than the plant for now!! Hope you are doing well!

The Parks Fam said...

Wow Lisa that is some serious motivation for me to get my butt in gear and get stuff done around here! I never nested with either of my pregnancies and let me tell you how bad I wish I did! THings would have been much more organized! You are AWESOME! and the plant..that is hilarious! I can't get a plant alive for a day let alone 9 years! I LOVE IT!

Jenny P said...

Lisa, you're so funny!! I completely nested with all my pregnancies, it drove Tyler nuts because I would have a total melt down when I could not get to everthing. 9 years keeping a plant alive, thats amazing, I am lucky if I can keep it alive for a week, and hey my kiddos are all still alive and crazy!

Ryan and Amber said...

Read NOTHING into the plan thing - if you were 80 and had nothing else to worry about it would be thriving - but you're not. That's just a sign of living a good life! As for the baseboards and blinds - FETCH! SO SORRY... I am about to drive myself to drink and didn't mean to bring you down with me! :)

Gina said...

You're so funny. That's why I love you. So don't get un-funny or our relationship is over.