Sunday, November 29, 2009

******************************************** Hello twenty ten ********************************************

here are just a few things my twenty's have brought me......
marriage to my best friend.
graduation from nursing school.
my little poochie bo.
buying our first home.
travel...New York, New Orleans, Hawaii, Belize, Honduras, Vegas, havasupi, Cayman islands, 3 cruises, camping, bear lake, and so on...
completing a 1/2 marathon, a triathlon and 2 Ragnar races.
edward, bella and jacob
utah football busting the BCS...twice!
a new job
new friends
and last but not least a pregnancy.
GOOD BYE my dear 20's you have been good to me.
Hello 30's
I'm sure these next 10 years will bring me more joy and more stress then i can even imagine. but I'm grateful to share them with my best friend, and I'm grateful to finally start a family.
*warning--cheesiness below
to all of my friends and family who have been apart of my life, especially those of you who have supported me, loved me and prayed for me and Arron to be able to start a family....thank you.
we are truly blessed to have you in our lives.
and although i feel humbled and a little unqualified for "motherhood"
i focus on a quote by Joseph smith
"the lord calls us in our weakness, but qualifies us for our work"
I'm sure i will lean on all of you as i start this new journey.
xoxoxoxox

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey, so was your birthday on Thanksgiving? My Benny's birthday is on the 26th. Happy Birthday lady. I hope you had a good one. It is obvious that you have lived your 30 years well. How can we be 30 year olds?

Ryan and Amber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU LITTLE MAMA! What a cute post! :) How are you feeling?

Kindy said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope to follow behind you soon. A daunting thought, but I can't wait! How far along are you? And Happy late birthday!

Megs said...

I know...I didn't call or write on your birthday...I'm a crappy friend! (I've heard so anyway!! lol ;) I love you to death though. Happy, happy birthday girlfriend...your thirties will be whatever you make of them, and knowing you, they will ROCK! And thanks for the quote...I'm stealing it!!! xoxox

Nici said...

great post!

Tiffany said...

Happy 3-0- Lisa! I love the cheese at the end. You should "be serious" more. Love you!

Chris and Tara said...

Happy Birthday and CONGRATULATIONS! We're so happy for you.

Andy and Kimi said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! Can't wait to see what your next 30 years brings you!!

Chad and Kristen Milne said...

We are so happy for you! Pregnancy or Parenthood is not for the weak. That's why you'll do just fine.

emily+brett said...

I haven't looked at your blog because I knew I would just want to write a comment about how absolutely thrilled I am for you to be pregnant! I just thought I would check to see if you had made the big anouncement and you already had! My heart was so relieved when Chels told me the news.

You think you love Bo.... but you don't know love until you hold your beautiful baby for the first time. We are so so so happy for you both!