Saturday, July 5, 2008

.....................................................In Loving Memory................................................................



My good friend James Taylor passed away this past Friday, he was the only survivor of the medical helicopter crash in Arizona, but died 6 days after the crash, when his family made the impossible decision to take him off of life support, and let his struggle end.

James and I went through nursing school together and both had the goal to one day work on life flight. He recently got the job of flying with the medical team outside of flagstaff, AZ. He was soooooo excited and called to let me know that he got the job, i was so jealous, but so excited for him. He will be missed, he was a great nurse and a great friend. Although this is a tragedy, I'm glad he was able to accomplish a life long goal and die doing something he loved......

We'll all miss you James, thanks for making those long 2 years in school more bearable!


5 comments:

Megs said...

This is so sad Lis...sorry for the loss of your friend. It's so crazy when people around us, people we know, pass on...makes you "think". It's so nice to know that they end up in a better place though. YOU gave a beautiful talk at church btw. Thanks...it was something I needed to hear. Love you so much.

The Parks Fam said...

THat is soo tragic! its soo hard loosing anyone close to us. I have been following this story closely, it breaks my heart! Thanks for the AMAZING lesson you gave, I wanted to come up and tell you but I was in a hurry to get out. You did awesome and I defintely needed to hear it. Thanks Lisa!!

The Robinson's said...

Lisa- I had NO idea. I just got back from Powell so I've missed the news and everything. This makes me so sad. You are right- he helped us survive those long two years.

heidi and tom said...

Wow Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about this. It's really such a tragedy. You never know the influence people have had on your life until they are gone!! And I'm sorry I missed your lesson...sounds like it was a good one...probably something I needed to hear! :)

Heidi

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa... It's Traci Taylor, James wife, I heard about your blog from a friend of a friend so I had to pop over and read your comments. James was one in a million and appreciated your friendship and example as much as you did his. You are right James died always striving to reach his goals and touched the lives of everyone he came in contact with. Thanks for your kind words, he is truly missed by us all. Much love...traci
P.S. I used two of those pictures from your blog in his memorial video :) Good Memories! tjplus3@yahoo.com