Saturday, September 27, 2008

help!!!

so arron and i are going to NEW YORK in December for my birthday/Christmas....HOORAY, i'm pretty excited because i have never been to New York and plan on being the ultimate tourist, you know: foam statue of liberty hat, camera around my neck, the whole bit...but hotels are OUTRAGEOUS, and i was wonder if any of you; friends or blog stalkers, have been to new york and know any tricks that might help in finding reasonably priced lodging? :) thanks, love you all.

9 comments:

Monica said...

Um...HELLO!!! I LIVED THERE!!! ...pssh

Sherri said...

We like to rent apartments when we travel. It also helps with the cost of food since you can have breakfast before you go out. NY is the best, you will have a blast!

Jamie said...

When you say "blog stalkers," are you talking about me? Ha ha. I have been to New York quite a few times, but unfortunately, I don't know of any tricks for a good deal. The prices just suck. And December is a popular month, so they probably suck even more. You might be able to save a little if you stay in another borough (Queens, The Bronx), but that is no fun. Good luck!

Chad and Kristen Milne said...

Check with my Dad. See if he can get you a good price on a Marriott.

Tiffany said...

If you can get a good price on a Marriott, we are coming with you wether you want us to or not. New York is on my top 3 list of things to do SOON. I'm jealous!

I hear Christmas time is the best besides Spring/Fall

Hope said...

Lisa, I have a huge headache and I'm exhausted, but if you'd like to call me...my husband as well as my niece just visited NY and I bet they could tell you more about where they stayed. The apartment idea someone suggested is AWESOME, but how do you go about doing that? If they tell you, tell me! When I went I stayed in an apartment and it just made it feel like even more of an authentic experience, but mine was an apartment of a friend of a friend, so...

Sherri said...

I wondered what hints you got for making NY less expensive so I checked back. To find apartments you can just search online, we have gone through vacationrentals.com before though.

Lindsey said...

Rhett and I just got back from New York yesterday. It was amazing! Luckily, my sister was there on business so we were able to stay with her for free! So many sites to see and the shopping was awesome! Canal Street is the BEST! I hope you can find some good lodging deals! New York is definitely a must!

Megs said...

Hmmm, don't have any great advice but I'm excited you are going. I love New York! And I agree with Lindsey...you must go to Canal Street for some fun shopping!!!