Sunday, February 2, 2014

I Believe...


There are not many things better in this world then watching your husband exercise his priesthood authority. 
My testimony and belief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ is something that has never wavered,
 not because i have a complete understanding of it.
and not because i've never questioned it or the trials i've gone through
but because
I BELIEVE faith is a choice!



 We live in an imperfect world, surrounded by imperfect people who do imperfect things.
and what a relief that is considering that i too am imperfect.


but my Heavenly Father is NOT.
and my Savior Jesus Christ is NOT.
and if I BELIEVE those two things, then my questions become irrelevant 
because at the end of the day i trust my Heavenly Father has a plan for me,
he knows what he is doing, and if i ask he will NEVER lead me astray. 



and to say that we are surround by imperfection 
does not mean there is not PERFECTION all around us.


 the birth of a child is PERFECTION no matter the outcome. 
that spirit has come to earth for one purpose!
 to receive a body. 
that earthly body will NOT be perfect.
but that spirit has every opportunity to be perfected through our savior
Jesus Christ.  


I BELIEVE being a parent is PERFECTION
not because i am or ever will be a perfect parent
but because the opportunity to serve a child day in and day out
through the ups and downs, darkness and light, tears and smiles
is a path that if you walk down hand in hand with our Heavenly Father
leads to nothing other then eternal happiness. 



 I BELIEVE a mothers love is PERFECTION.
i know this because i've looked into 3 tiny sets of baby blues on the best and worst of days and never wavered in the LOVE and DEVOTION i feel for them. 


 I AM BLESSED
 i will never ever be able to repay my Heavenly Father for the blessing of being a mother to these 3 imperfect little boys.
but i will walk down that path with him hand in hand
wrapped in imperfection and do all i can to help my three littles gain their very own testimony
so someday they can be just as imperfect as their daddy.
because spending eternity with all my imperfect men
WILL BE PERFECT!!


2 comments:

Kristi said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful family, beautiful baby, beautiful words. Loved it.

Ryan and Amber said...

Lisa is a Mama!!! A mama somethin fierce! I love it all